Stop me if I'm rambling...

Friday, November 18, 2005

Earl's Brother

Well, I started this blogging thing last Friday and I'm enjoying it. I've managed to post something every weekday so far but since time has been extremely limited today, I'll make this short. I wanted to mention that I have a new favorite "underrated TV actor": Ethan Suplee who plays Randy Hickey, the dim-witted brother on "My Name is Earl."


On the show, he's the dumber to Earl's dumb. The mouth-breathing character with the sluggish drawl and deadpan delivery was particularly entertaining on this week's episode when he stood motionless, as if in a trance, while watching sultry love interest Catalina dance. In short, Suplee is extremely convincing as a benign simpleton. I'm curious what he's like out of character; I'll have to check out some of his other projects. In my opinion, "Earl" and "The Office" comprise what is CLEARLY the best comedic hour on TV these days (NBC's Tuesday 9-10 time slot). Anyone want to challenge that?

Another question: Is anyone taking Cincy this week against Indy? Indy is favored by 6, which seems very low. The Bengals are a strong team but even at home, they should be no match for the Colts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home